Wednesday, December 9, 2009

31 Weeks

I am 31 weeks! Yikes! In a mere 8.5 weeks, Baby J will be here. I can hardly believe it!
I will make a short comment on Thanksgiving. Stretch pants + an already large pregnant belly = FAB-U-LOUS!
December is a hustle and bustle month for me. I have a baby shower EVERY weekend before Christmas. We have had houseguests EVERY weekend since Thanksgiving and will continue until New Years. So much fun, but so tiring at the same time!

2 weeks ago (I know its been a while- forgive me, the brain, the working, the preggo-ness has taken over all of my time!) we had an ultrasound. I had placenta previa, which is just a fancy way to say that part of my placenta was covering my cervix. This would lead to a mandatory C-Section if it didn't move- but it has. So I am Previa free in 2009 :-)
While having the ultrasound, the tech kicked on the 3D. I. mean. whoa! We could see our little man blink, swallow, stick his tongue out, MOVE LIKE A HUMAN. I understand he is human, but seeing him was like watching a movie of someone who looks like me. Weird and so exciting at the same time!
AND...I am happy to announce that I believe he has my nose. Funny how as delivery starts to get close you panic about traits you have. I was PRAYING that he would get my nose, as my husband's, although very attractive, is just not, in my opinion, as cute as mine. I am sure God appreciated the shallow prayers that day- but I was pumped. Pics are at the bottom of the post. Think he looks like me?
The other BIG news from the ultrasound is that he weighed in at 3.6 pounds- the 90th percentile for a baby at 29 weeks. Ouch. They are predicting a 9.5-10 LB bouncing baby boy for me. Ouch. I did find out that I will have an ultrasound the first week of January to remeasure him. If he does get to the range they think, I can elect to have a C Section. Not sure what I am going to do, just trying to take it all in and focus on a healthy, happy boy for now! We'll cross the large baby bridge when we get to it!

With this last trimester comes some serious weight gain. The doc says I am right on target, but I feel HUGE! I never in my life thought I would weigh what I weigh now. I watched the "Biggest Loser" finale last night and thought- I cannot WAIT to get this WEIGHT off! I know its necessary for healthly baby growing and I am not complaining, but as that scale creeps up, your self esteem drops a bit. Sigh. I cried at my last appointment and my poor husband didn't know what to do. He said "Don't worry, I'll get you a gym membership for Valentine's Day!" I know his heart was in the right place, but really? Bless his heart, open his mouth and insert foot.

I hate to just babble about babies all day, but that seems to be the only thing on my mind. With the showers every weekend and my ever expanding belly, I can't seem to focus on much else. But, I mean, this is my blog and since this is what I got, this is what I share. :-)
To wrap up, below are some pics of my sweet precious. Love his heart, I can't wait to meet him- no matter how large he is...

No comments:

Post a Comment