Monday, November 2, 2009

Happy November!

Whew! A little slice of our weekend...


I am exhausted from cooking my "bun" in my "oven." My husband, the Chef, is quite proud of his "bun" as well :-) Only 14 more weeks of cooking!



My husband got a little too excited with the mullet wig. Note: his apron does say"I keep my best snacks under my apron." I realize that this is offensive, however, it was a gift from my sister. If you know her, you get it. :-)



How about them CATS? Too bad they lost this weekend, but what can you do? Terrible homecoming, but I hope they can come back and beat EKU this week! GOOOOO CATS!
No Swine flu for me or the hubs...in 2 weeks :-) We both got our shots on Saturday (for free!) at a local high school. Whoo hoo! Although the 2 week period to build immunity sucks, we are hoping we avoid this nastiness. I know there is some debate, but being pregnant, my doctor felt it very important to get the shot. I am praying for no unsavory side effects- OINK!

Guess what else we had to get this weekend? I was washing clothes on Saturday when my washing machine...well, died. JM and I scooped out water with a measuring cup only to have it fill back up- it was working, right? WRONG. Once it filled BACK up, it quit again. I have neve cried so much out of frustration!
After a trip to HH Gregg, I said "RIP Old Maytag from my Mother in Law....Hello Whirlpool Duet!"
Yep, a new washer AND dryer (just what every expecting parent wants to spend $$ on). The worst part of the whole washer/dryer sales scheme? They sell these super capacity washers that your old dryers' capacity isn't compatible with. What's the point of having a washer that can clean 16 pairs of jeans in one load when you can only dry 6-8 at a time? You're right, I am sucker, but we got the set. AND....they are glorious. I will be in hock for a while, but I am hoping with the baby, this is an investment we won't regret.
Hope everyone had a GREAT (and appliance buying free!) weekend!
I cannot believe November is here :-)










































1 comment:

  1. I have the same washer and dryer set...you will love them!!!! Lori

    ReplyDelete