Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I'm Back...and Tan!

I'm back to the bloggy world...and tan. We spent Thanksgiving 2010 in Naples, FL. JM's parents have a condo there and we were lucky enough to have a free place to crash for 10 glorious days. JM, Baby J, Babs (my MIL), my mom and I all enjoyed the 85 degree weather and played many a mean game of Rook. (If you have never played Rook, google it, buy it at Walmart and thank me later. So much fun, although I can attest to play at your own risk. Most family feuds have been started by this card game- ha!)

We were 3 hours from Tampa, where my grandpa is in a nursing home, so we spent an entire day with him. He is slipping further into Alzheimer's and we just don't know how long he will be with us, so it was very nice to be able to visit him. He is the sweetest man and Baby J LOVED him! I mean, this kid does not let anyone hold him when JM or I are around, but he let my grandpa hold him and talk to him and kiss him. Melted my heart...and my grandpa's, as he just played with my little guy and smiled. Sometimes kids just know, you know? Here is a four generation pic (the only 4 generations J has):
Another night, Naples had the big Christmas tree lighting downtown. After the lighting, the street lamps had snow machines attached, so it "snowed" in FL. I think it was soap suds, but we loved it. This is not the most flattering pic of me- but showed the snow pretty good- ha!

Babs, JM, Baby J and me in downtown Naples. We loved the Christmas parade! Please ignore my large chub arm. Yikes. I promise I have been doing bootcamp like 3-4 days a week, but these stubborn fat arms (thank you, Grandma) will not go away. I should have put my hair over the chub, but J yanks it, drools in it and the frizz sets in. Sigh, please just look from my neck up :-)

Naples has a beach club that has a fun sunset party on Sunday nights. Here is our family pic of the trip!

I was so thankful my mom could come along with us. She lives in WI and only visits a few times a year. She loves J so much and I love watching her play and love on him. I pray every day that her and my dad's circumstances change so they can move closer. I love her sooo much!

I know that isn't so many pics, but the stupid blogger won't let me upload at a speedy rate. Anyways, I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. I have so much to be thankful for in my life.

A short list of thanks (disclaimer, not all serious- I have a strange sense of humor):

1. I am so thankful to have both my and JM parents. My son is so fortunate to have all 4 grandparents to love on him. I hope they are all here for a long, long time.

2. I am so thankful for my husband. Although we fight and are sooooo far from perfect, at the end of the day, there is no one else I want to come home to. Plus, we make pretty babies.

3. I am very thankful for my current long hair. I think it covers my chub arms and is generally flattering. It also holds the poof and curl very well, which-let's face it- is a blessing in the hair world.

4. I am so thankful for DVR. Not missing Gossip Girl, Life Unexpected or One Tree Hill while on vacay = PRICELESS.

5. I am very thankful to be employed. That being said, I was thankful to not have to go to work for 10 full days. Not so sure I am yet thankful to be back.

6. I am thankful that the officer in my aforementioned post did not find the bootleg bottle of vodka. Thank you, Jesus.

7. I am super happy that Christmas is in 4 weeks. Family, food and days off work? Yes, Please!

8. I am beyond thankful that 2 of my best friends have finally found special men in their lives. I have prayed and prayed that they would not settle, but that God would send the right person at the right time to them. I don't want to say mission accomplished yet, but I am so hopeful and my heart bursts with happiness for these two! S and N, I hope you know who you are! I love you both!

9. I am thankful that heels make my 5"4' self look slimmer. I am not a size 4 (le sigh) and every little bit helps :-)

10. I am thankful to have a blog as an outlet and the fact that people (well, I think there are 4 or 5 out there) read it.

Happy, Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. The 'Four Generation' photo is wonderful. Jag has such a sweet smile in it! Such a treasured picture!

    Can't wait to see you Saturday! Love you!

    ReplyDelete