Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Hangover

Anyone else in a haze of a Christmas hangover? I feel like I can't catch up but LUCKILY tomorrow starts a four day weekend for this girl. Icannotwaitandamsoexcited!

We had a great Christmas. My mom, dad, sister and cousins came to visit. JM's parents, sister, her bf and dog also brought a little Christmas cheer our way. Unfortunately, J's cold caught up with him and he was notinthebestspirits on Christmas day. As in, he cried and slept most of the day. Scratch that, all of the day. Poor guy.

I got JM the Michael Jackson Experience for Wii. We had so much fun with this. Go out and get it if you have a Wii. You will thank me later. My cousin, a straight laced 46 year old engineer, was far from the stereotypical MJ fanatic, but his dance moves put us all to shame. Seriously, so. much. fun!

If you know me IRL, then you know that although I think my house is small bit "above" a starter home, it lacks greatly in "living" space (but does make up for it a bit with 3 huge brs). We have a tiny kitchen, a fairly small living room and a table that seats 4. To say I LOVED having 12 people in my house while managing a crawling baby, 2 dogs, cooking food and trying to keep things picked up could be a stretch. But, when I think back to how J's first Christmas was spent with all of his immediate family, I just can't help but thank God that they are all still here (albeit driving me crazy) and that we will always have these memories to cherish. Something about pushing an 8lb baby out of your body makes you sentimental, I guess...

However, I am fairly convinced that I am going to go to WI for Christmas next year. I just have to get JM on board :-)

I realize without pics this is a boring post, but I can not currently find my camera. Boo. More to come at a later date.

I am off for the weekend and ready for a new year. I swear I am going to get down to a size 4 this year. Only 2.5 sizes to go :-) Ha.

S

No comments:

Post a Comment