Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor(ed) Day Weekend

Whew! Labor Day proved to be a busy one in our house. About a month ago, I found out that JM (who works in a bank) did not have to work the Saturday of Labor day. YEAH! Long weekend, now where to go?

We ended up agreeing to travel to Chicago, stay with my sister and brother in law, then travel to Bryon to see my uncle, aunts, cousins, parents, etc. AND let me tell you...I am happy I went, but happier to be home.

Friday proved to be a not so bad driving day. Of course, JM drove the entire way, as I complained of an aching tailbone (I am so thankful for this pregnancy- but this is one ailment that literally is a pain in my A$$) and had to stop approximately 5+ times to use the bathroom (FYI- pre prego Sallie would not have stopped once. I am an idiot like that).

Once we got to my sister's...baby K decided that it did NOT like the greasy McDonald's I had inhaled approximately 100 miles prior. So, lovely way to greet family...puking in their bathroom.
:-)

After some snoozin' we headed early the next morning for my Uncle's house. 4 children, 11 adults and 2 large meals later...we headed back to my sister's house. After more snoozin', the most delicious french toast breakfast and a small incident involving my sister locking us out of her apartment, we were on our way to downtown Chicago.

Here is a pic of JM and I at Navy Pier... 18 weeks + walking lots of blocks = one tired prego!









I will tell you one thing: As wonderful as it is seeing family, I truly feel there is "no place like home!"

No comments:

Post a Comment