Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Red Lobster

Ah...pregnancy cravings. Luckily, I haven't really had any major cravings...minus one HUGE pang of hunger that occurs whenever a Red Lobster commercial comes on. Seriously, do those shrimp not look succulent? Really? Cheddar Biscuits? YES please! This girl had a serious hankering for the RL and luckily, my dearest friend C came to the rescue.

C and I were college roommates for approximately 2.5 years (if you count the .5 that we were neighbors in the dorm). We have been through it all together- hook ups, break ups, tears, laughter, broken hearts, love, marriage- all that great stuff you share with your best friends. I haven't seen C in a couple of months (since I found out I was pregnant) so of course, she was PUMPED! to see...my belly. I would have like to said me, but if I wasn't actually carrying this child, she totally would have bypassed me for the goods.

Anyways, when she got to my house I sheepishly (what a great word!) asked if she would be willing to alleviate my Red Lobster fix. Being the true friend she is, of course she agreed (I mean, she loves the cheddar biscuits too!). After a 45 minute wait, I was starving. It had been like 7 hours since my last meal (tsk, tsk...I know- but I work full time!). We sat down and dug in.

After polishing off a salad, 2 cheddar biscuits, stuffed flounder, a few cocount shrimp, and a couple bites of a baked potato- I FELT LIKE A NEW WOMAN! Whew! I was so in love...with the Red Lobster. I didn't even care that I couldn't have a Lobsterita (which by the way has like 1,200 calories according to my husband's Men's Health...can you say Hasta La Vista Diet!?!?!?).

With a full meal like that in your belly- what's next? Babies R' US. That's right, a full, tired prego went straight to the store. Exhausted, but feeding off my dear friend's excitement (look at that! OMG! I can't believe it. You HAVE to get this. We use this in the NICU. Don't look at the price, Sallie, just enjoy. Insert loads of random super excited and sweet comments here). After a few bummers (the crib we picked out was discontinued and 0 left in stock) and excitement (we found the cutest onsie with dog feet that says "I Woof You"), we headed back to the homestead.

We settled on the couch for a sleepover, since JM went out with his friends also that night. About 20 minutes into SATCM, I felt a rumbling in my tummy. Not the "I think I can finally feel it kick" but more like a "Emergency, Emergency...Stomach is rebelling" feeling. I looked at my friend and my last thought before making a run to the restroom was "please no, I love Red Lobster!"

Alas, my friends, I may have had a love for the RL, but my baby did not. The current lists of don't for Baby: Seafood (Boo!), Chinese, Italian, Mexican and anything involving large portions of meat.

I don't know what to say- this baby is a picky one! RIP Red Lobster, your commercials no longer do it for me. Next!

No comments:

Post a Comment