Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Say a little prayer for me...

Remember that song? I think Dionne Warwick sang it, "Say a Little Prayer for Me"? I think the last time I heard it was when I was watching my "Best Friends Wedding" and they belted it out at the dinner table. LOVED IT!

Today, I have been a bit somber after reading one of my favorite blogs. If you haven't been to Kelly's Korner you have been missing out. Kelly is a super spiritual woman who I am POSITIVE I would be friends with in real life. My favorite thing about her blog is that she is constantly praying and highlighting people's battles- from infertility, loss of children, loss of spouses, or even just the hardship of being single and wanting so badly to find a mate.

A lot of times, I take for granted how fortunate I really am. As I continue to get more pregnant, I have been praying more than ever for this little boy inside of me. That the world will be an amazing place, that I will be able to keep him safe when he gets here and that I am able to witness his growing into the amazing man I hope him to be- just like his father. These thoughts are all consuming and I was humbled today by a post on Kelly's blog about the Sullivan family.

This wonderful couple recently celebrated 5 years of marriage and the birth of a baby girl. While pregnant, the mom, Sara, was diagnosed with breast cancer. Heartbreaking. A few days after bringing their baby girl, Chloe, home, Sara had a seizure and passed away. Yet, in the face of losing his wife and faced with the task of raising a baby girl, her husband continues to praise God. A great example for all. Please check out their story!

I am so thankful to God for the blessings that I have received. Even of late, my Mom survived a terrible car accident and is slowly recovering. I am not sure if I deserve the gifts I have been given, but when shown how other people struggle and survive adversity, I truly do know how lucky I am. I continue to ask "Why me" all the while praying so hard for these sad, but uplifting stories.

Please pray today. Pray for those who are struggling with anything. Pray that you are able to be thankful for your blessings and praise God for your hardships.

"O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation. Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms. For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods. In his hand are the deep places of the earth: the strength of the hills is his also. The sea is his, and he made it: and his hands formed the dry land. O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker."
Psalm 95:1-6

1 comment:

  1. Sallie, the story about the Sullivans also touched me in the same way and it's such a humbling fact to be reminded of how blessed my life really is. I feel the same way you do about that! I am so excited for your pregnancy and wish you the very best! May God bless! Loyally, Laura

    ReplyDelete