Friday, January 8, 2010

10 things that make me happy this Friday!

My sweet friend, Laura, gave me a blog award and I have just now gotten to it! I apologize...but have been busy with large underwear and the like :-)

Here are 10 things that make me happy this Friday...

10. My large underwear. I know it upset me that they fit, but NOTHING is better than snug undies that don't wedge up. Relief is actually spelled H-A-N-E-S at the moment :-)

9. Snow. So what if Lexington shuts down with less than 3 inches? I. love. snow! Growing up in WI, my town of 600 actually has more salt trucks and plows than all of Lexington, but I think its the freak out involved that makes winter so fun here! I mean, really, schools shut down the night before it snows. Anticipatory snow closings = awesome.

8. My Ugg boots. Warm, comfortable and cute with leggings. What more can you ask for in a winter boot?

7. Great friends. I get a call or email or facebook message from someone every day. I may not have a ton- but I am grateful for the few good, rich, life enhancing friends I can always count on.

6. Palmers Tummy Butter. This product is amazing. I know I have a stretch mark (sigh, tear, still not over it!), but seriously, after looking at ads on facebook, this could be a LOT worse! Plus, it smells yummy.

5. Dairy Queen. I love sweets. Especially ice cream. Favorite blizzard? Oreo! Might have to get one of those tonight...

4. The Biggest Loser. Can we say obsessed? I love this show and feel so happy for the "losers" at the end of the show. Plus, how can people really lose 30 pounds in a week? I am inspired, baffled and jealous. Watching said show while eating DQ may be a large reason that I will be ready to diet immediately upon delivery :-)

3. My husband. Currently, he is: Supportive. Trying to learn how to cook. Attending breastfeeding classes. Rubbing my back. Telling me my stretch mark isn't that bad. Willing to put up with my weird habits and pregnancy snoring without complaint. Spending his Friday night putting a desk, pack n' play, baby swing and stroller together. So excited about becoming a daddy. I can't say enough how much I love him- this baby experience has only brought us closer and made me really appreciate him!

2. Blogs. The few minutes a day I get to follow up on the lives of others makes me so happy! I love hearing about other's days and something about peeking into lives while on a computer (i.e. anonymously and without gawking) is my dream. Love them and love all my bloggy friends!

1. And the thing that makes me MOST happy this Friday is...the fact that its Friday! TGIF people- I am off work for 2 full days!

Hope everyone has a great Friday! I will let you know how the classes go this weekend- fun times!

1 comment: