Monday, January 11, 2010

Breasts, Haircuts and Pack N' Plays

Breasts. Boobs. Boobies. Bubbies (Thank you NJ Housewives!).

Funny names for such a natural part. I think its hilarious that two body parts can catch the undivided attention of any male in a 10 mile radius- my husband included. Don't think that I don't notice him when an attractive woman with a low cut shirt shashays into a restaurant and his eyes follow...let's be honest, mine do too. There's just something about bubbies.

That being said...JM and I took a breastfeeding class this weekend. Hil. A. Rious...to see all the husbands who tagged along! I was so proud of them! While most fell asleep (I actually enjoyed counting the head bobs as one jolted awake approx. every 3 minutes), my husband paid attention and didn't giggle- not even once.

Although relatively disappointing (seems the class was almost a sales pitch to hire a lacatation consultant), they did show a really informative video with- you guessed it- breastfeeding techniques displayed. I guess I thought babies just know what to do- but its actually a learned behavior (which is why it seems to boggle and frustrate at times!).

My husband was actually paying attention (not just to the boob- but to what the video was saying) but when we got in the car, I got the biggest kick out of the one thing he pulled away from the class: He was amazed that somebody would let their wife breastfeed their baby on a video seen by so many people. I called him a prude, argued how natural it was and how uptight the US is, blah...blah...blah. He says, your boobs are for my eyes only- which is the reason I married you. Ha! A bit on the controlling side, but sweet in a weird way. Sigh.

After the breastfeeding debacle, we headed to get our hair did. I. cannot. express. how. happy. hair. dye. makes. me! I got the full treatment- dye, highlights, cut, eyebrows waxed. I can say with full confidence that I felt so much better and am almost ready to have this kid. Is it really only 3.5 weeks away!?!? JM got his hair trimmed- thank goodness! Even Gus got groomed- so I can say with 100% satisfaction that I have one good looking family at the moment :-)

In addition to the classes (BTW we are certified for 2 years in infant and child CPR- that's right, you know you want me to care for your kids! j/k), hair doings and bubbie talk, we were also productive in the house this weekend. We put together our new desk, got a new desk chair from Home Goods, and then decided to tackle the pack n' play.

Let me stop there. To all those non-mothers out there- if you get a pack n' play, don't be surprised if instructions are left out of the box and 2 hours of googling directions leaves you with comments from users such as "Easy to Assemble" and "Pretty Self Explanatory." Ok- I have never put one of these together! How was I supposed to know that you can't push the floor down before locking the sides? Really?!? Well, after walking away on Saturday (mostly to save our marriage), we attacked it again on Sunday and assembled to perfection. Now, I am not going to TOUCH on how to disassemble and get back in the case, but I figured we will cross that bridge when we get to it.

Next for baby J: Assemble swing, car seat, stroller, bouncy seat and finish hanging curtains. Once we get all this done- I will post some pics of the nursery. We did sailboats as a theme and it turned out so cute! I can't wait to get the little guy in there!

I have a doctor appointment today- having an ultrasound to see how big our boy is. They are predicting a 9.5-10 pound baby (I was 9.5 lb at birth- JM was 9 lb), so we are embracing that as truth, but HOPING (for my crotch's sake) that this is not accurate! Please think "SMALL" with me! Ha! In any case, we have much to discuss at this appointment, but I am so excited to see his little face on that screen.

Hope everyone has a great day! We are getting MORE snow today in Lexington- I am loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment