Tuesday, January 26, 2010

38 Weeks...and COUNTING!

Yesterday I was officially 38 weeks and- more officially- TIRED of being pregnant! My limbs are so swollen, I feel GIGANTIC.

Lots of things have been happening in the Simply household the past few weeks that contributed to my blogging hiatus...

1. Sadly, my grandmother passed away January 8. We were relieved that she is in a better place, without pain, but my mom is taking her passing very hard. As a result, my dad suggested she come stay with me until Baby J is born. So, since the 17th, JM and I have had a houseguest!

2. As fabulous as it is to have my mom here, she has a lot of medical issues and cannot drive. This means lots of runs to the pharmacies, checking on her daily at lunchtime, making sure she isn't overdoing it and ensuring her meds are taken on time. I wouldn't trade having her here for anything in the world- but this is a full time job! :-)

3. I have the sweetest friends in the world. Not only did they come into town this weekend, stop to see the nursery and catch up- they also took me to Pazzos! I was so excited to hang out and feel normal. JM stayed with Mom, so I had a guilt-free afternoon of girl talk and gossip. I. love. these. times.

4. I had a doctor appointment yesterday. Still 1 cm- but they checked my cervix "aggresively" (Re: it hurt- NOT FUN!) yesterday, so hopefully that stimulated something. For the TMI- the doc says sex will induce labor. At this point, I would rather do ANYTHING than this. But, JM says that if he can help in ANY way, he will and since its doctor's orders....Wow, such a sweet guy (sarcasm here) :-) In all seriousness, I would stand on my head right now to have this thing!

5. I have another appointment on the 1st. I will most likely be induced on the 3rd due to Baby J being a big one. SO...by next week, I may be a mom. Typing those words sounds so strange, yet super normal. I don't know how to describe it.

Well, the bag is packed, the nursing bras bought, the books read, the nursery ready (I PROMISE to post pics this week), the swings, bouncy seats and stroller assembled...now its time for my sweet baby boy to arrive!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Good luck, Sallie, I'll be thinking about you! (And I'm jealous of your Pazzo's meal!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sallie, you're so cute! So wish I could have seen you and your "glow" this weekend with the girls!

    Please post nursery pics!!!

    Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete