Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy New Years- Is it 2011 yet?

Again, sorry for the delay, but I will give you a short run down of my December so you understand my lack of blogging:

December 5, 12, 20- Baby Showers #1, 2, and 3. 2 in Lex, 1 in Cinci. Busy, Busy! Add to the 3 Christmas parties on the 12th and you have one busy Momma!
December 18-21- Momma, Sister and Brother in Law come to town. My sis and her hubs had to work over Christmas, so they came to celebrate early. Since I hadn't seen them since September (and have grown A LOT since then) we had a lot of catching up to do. Throw in the baby shower and I am spent. Sister and her hubs left Monday. Mom stayed for Christmas.
December 22- Dad comes to town and JM takes him to the UK game on the 23rd. Fun Times!
December 24-25- Dad turns 60 on Christmas Eve. We always go shopping (our tradition) that day and do dinner for his birthday. Christmas was spent with my mom and dad, JM's family (Mom, Dad, Sister, Aunt) and of course, all of our dogs (3 total!)
December 26- We got a call that day that my Grandma (Mom's mom) has had a stroke. Mom and Dad leave the 27th to fly to Tampa, FL where they live.
December 29-Today We get the news that Grandma is not going to make it. They will move her to hospice care for her remaining days on this Earth. Grandma is read her last rites by a Catholic priest and my mom is a mess. She has not passed away, but this is inevitable, as the damage is just too much. Due to my being 35 weeks along, I cannot travel. Did you know that airlines actually won't let you fly if you are within 30 days of your due date? Didn't matter, my doc wouldn't give me the OK to go either.
So, as you can see, the stress of the holidays, coupled with the impending loss of my only living Grandma (and a mere 5 weeks before Baby Jag is going to be here), working full time (got to save my time off for when the baby comes) and HUGE pangs of sadness, being scared, uncomfortable, etc....makes blogging a low priority. With all this going on, I have to ask- is it 2011 yet?
In all seriousness, I know 2010 has started with drama, but I know good things are in store. We are having a baby in 5 weeks! YEAH!!!! I am so excited, nervous, scared, pumped and just generally giddy about this. So, to lighten things up, below are so TERRIBLE pics of me from NYE. I thought about not posting these, but these figured, if you can't claim pregnancy as a reason you look HORRIBLE, then what's the point? Enjoy!


Melissa and I- she's a skinny bitch...and 17 weeks preggers! This is her first also- they will find out wat she's having in a couple weeks. We are so happy for them!

Me and the hubs- He has beer, I have sparkling cider :-)


Laura, Me and Jennifer- Great friends to ring in te new year with.
I told you I looked awful- please don't judge.
Hope everyone has a blessed year. I know that amidst all this chaos, good things are waiting. If God brings you to it, HE will bring you through it.
Love you all!
Sallie

No comments:

Post a Comment