Friday, January 29, 2010

Random Commentaries on Life

Funny how things change from college, isn't it?

In college, I was that girl. Wild. Crazy. Bar Star by night, Proper (ha!) sorority girl by day :-)



Never had a boyfriend yet, one of the firsts to get married. Loved kids, but never thought I'd be the first to have one. Ha! Funny how things change.

Last weekend, I had a bit of a reunion of sorts with a bunch of sorority sisters. Due to my swollen self, no pics are admissable, BUT I can tell you that my girlfriends are looking SO good. Sigh. And I was jealous.

At one point- we went around the table and updated on our lives. I was thinking- gosh, my life is so boring: I go to work, I collapse on the couch, I beg my husband for dairy queen..add tossing and turning for several hours per night and you have summed up my life at the moment. New and exciting? I mean, having a baby is AMAZING, but going out to bars in the big city? Romantic trips with the new boyfriends? Debating on whether to save themselves for marriage OR change their facebook relationship status? These are the juicy goods, my friend- NOT being married, having a mortgage with a baby on the way. I felt a bit out of sorts. Not that I am anything but LOVING my life, just funny how hearing about others' makes you focus on the things you don't have, instead of the things you do.

My good friend Sarah, actually commented on her blog about this and I think she hit it right on the head.

As people, really as WOMEN, I think you are always thinking "what if." Not that you are unhappy, sad or even dissatisfied with life, but I think the "what ifs" are natural. Sure, being single in the city would be amazing-no worries about toliets breaking in your rented apartment (Hello, Landlord!), drinking cosmos at the bar with friends without a worry about the time, working as late as you want because you don't have to go home to anyone and picking up at a moment's notice to do, well, anything YOU want.

But, on the other side, coming home to that soulmate you have found, resting in the house you are building equity in and knowing that in your life, you may not know where things are going- but you know who you are going with, is, at least for me, bliss.

And since its Friday...I found this and it made me laugh- hope it does the same for you!

Baby Jag countdown is on- I should be induced in less than a week if he doesn't come this weekend. Pray that barometric pressure change from all the snow helps push things along!

3 comments:

  1. Love the post and love you :) Can't wait to be Aunt Sarah to a beautiful Baby Jag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm counting down the days! I found the cutest thing in the gift shop at our main campus yesterday and decided it had to be Baby Jag's welcome to the world present...I couldn't help myself. God help our bank account when Matt and I have a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your post Sallie! So very true - it really is!

    So excited for Baby Jag's upcoming arrival - keep us informed! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete