Thursday, January 7, 2010

Huge Underwear and Breastfeeding, Another Pregnant Day....

Officially I am 35.5 weeks along. Meaning, in 4.5 weeks, Baby Jag will FINALLY be here!

The 35th week has marked some unfamiliar territory on the pregnancy front:

- I found a stretch mark. Not huge, granted, but a good 1 inch. And although its light and my husband (bless his heart) claims you can hardly see it, I find it glaring at me whenever I remove my shirt. A short trip to Walmart to load up on more tummy butter and palmers, 2 hours of tears and a restless night sleep and I am STILL distraught over this finding.

-I had to break down and buy some new underwear. Ugh. The maternity stores want like $15 for 3 pairs- which I find excessive. So what did I do? I went to Walmart and bought the biggest Hanes I could find. Removing them from the package, I thought to myself, these are HUGE! No way they would fit right? One washing cycle later and they are on a snug as a bug.




This isn't me- but you get the gist!

-Another fun purchase from Walmart was a nursing bra. They are only $12 vs. over $20 at a maternity store. Not. attractive. at. all.

-On the subject of nursing, I am going to try to breastfeed. I really know all the benefits, blah, blah but why am I really doing it? To be perfectly honest, I hope it helps make me one. skinny. bitch. Ha! Seriously, though, I am a bit worried as I have about 6 weeks leave from work after the baby and am not sure how the whole breastfeeding/working 40 hrs/childcare thing will work. Luckily, our local hospital offers a class on breastfeeding with tips on such things. I will let you know how it goes (P.S. JM is totally going with me- this should be interesting!)

-Most of my shirts (even maternity) are now too short. Seriously. Hard. to. get. dressed. for. work. I got some XL long sleeved tees from Walmart (I know, this seems to be shameless plug, but I went there yesterday and got ALL this stuff!) that actually fit good. They are supposed to not shrink- I'll let you know.

-I am getting my hair done tonight. Can I get an amen?!? What is it about a trip to the salon that makes even a whale like person feel better? So. Excited!!!!

That's pretty much all. JM and I are doing a CPR class Saturday for infants (He actually wanted to go- thought it would make him feel good to know this stuff! Isn't he great?) that goes through 8 years old. Hope its worth the $40!

Hope everyone is having a great day! We are getting snow in Lexington! I am so excited :-)

3 comments:

  1. Sallie, I am so happy for you! I think you'll be a great Mommy! I love readying your updates! Loyally, LHP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you can totally accomplish the breastfeeding! Even while working - I had several coworkers who pump 1-2x during the day. I pumped for the first 6 mo. (until Becks started babyfood and then I just nixed his breakfast feeding) and it was great. Best wishes! You look great and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so impressed you got the hubby to go to a breastfeeding class. I mentioned the idea to my husband and he totally freaked out. Let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete